FUNDING FOR STUDENT/POSTDOC ATTENDANCE
We have secured funding from various sources for student/postdoc
participation at the
LCC2014 / ImmermanFest Meeting.
student travel support
offers additional funding for students which covers travel and accommodation
but not registration.
This funding is complementary to the funding we are offering.
A large number of student/postdoc grants
funded by the
These grants are intended for US-based PhD students and postdocs
working in an area related to the LCC2014 / ImmermanFest Meeting.
They can cover registration-only, registration and accommodation,
or registration, accommodation and travel
(up to a maximal amount of $2,000).
Eligibility and Selection criteria for NSF funding are:
We have substantial NSF funding remaining for attending this workshop.
Applications from the USA will be considered on a first-come
first-considered basis, until all funds are allocated,
up to the date of the workshop.
- Only students and postdocs based at USA universities will be eligible
- Priority among applicants will be given to those who need
registration-only support, rather than fuller travel support.
- The highest priority will be given to US citizens/residents.
To apply follow the procedures described below.
We encourage applications from women and other under-represented
All applications will be evaluated by a subset of the PC, and the level of
funding support offered will be determined, based on the above criteria and
the academic qualifications of the applicant in relation to the topic of the
USA-based Ph.D. students/postdocs who wish to apply for
funding to support their participation in the LCC2014 / ImmermanFest Meeting
are requested to submit an application by email
with subject "student funding application" containing
the following information:
- Contact information of the applicant: name, affiliation, email, phone.
- A short CV, including a list of publications.
- A brief support letter from a supervisor sent by email to the same address
- this email should come directly from their supervisor.
- A cover letter which includes a clear motivation why the applicant
wants to visit the LCC2014/ImmermanFest Meeting,
what type of funding is requested (e.g., registration-only,
registration and accommodation, or registration, accommodation and travel),
including the approximate amount (in Dollars/Euros) of support requested.
- In the cover letter it should be made clear whether the applicant
has submitted a talk to the LCC2014 workshop.
In case they have, the title of the talk should be included.
- The cover letter should also address whether the applicants's home
department will partially finance their attendance at the LCC2014 /
- US-based applicants should indicate whether they are US citizens or